Pac-12 announces lacrosse players of the week
SAN FRANCISCO — The Conference office announced today that Riley Hertford of USC was named Pac-12 lacrosse defensive player of the week and Emily Glagolev of ARIZONA STATE was named Pac-12 offensive player of the week.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Riley Hertford, Jr., G, USC (Lake Oswego, Ore.)
1 GP, 6 saves, 5 GB
• Helped then-No.16 USC to a 10-8 upset victory over then-No. 9 Michigan, marking the Trojans’ first win over a top-10 opponent since 2017.
• Produced six saves and picked up five ground balls, with one caused turnover, in Saturday’s win.
• Recorded her 18th-career victory following win over the Wolverines.
Also nominated: Lia Willis, ASU; Trudie Grattan, STAN.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Emily Glagolev, Jr., A, ARIZONA STATE (Webster, New York)
2 GP, 3 g, 7 ast, 10 pts, 5 sh (.600), 5 sog (1.000)
• Dished out four assists, helping the Sun Devils to a program record 24 goals in Arizona State’s victory over Detroit Mercy on Friday (24-6).
• Put together a six-point performance against then-No. 3 Northwestern on Sunday, her fourth straight game with three or more assists (dating back to last season).
• Finished the weekend with 10 points, two draw controls and three ground balls.
• Has 12 consecutive multi-point performances this season, compiling 46 points during that span. Has six-career hat tricks, with two coming in the first three games of 2020.
Also nominated: Mikaela Watson, STAN; Kerrigan Miller, USC.
2020 PAC-12 WOMEN'S LACROSSE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Defensive Player of the Week||Offensive Player of the Week|
|Feb. 10||Julia Lisella, COLO||Shonly Wallace, ORE|
|Feb. 17||Riley Hertford, USC||Emily Glagolev, ASU|