Pac-12 announces tennis players of the week
Pac-12 Men’s Tennis Player of the Week: Keegan Smith, Jr., UCLA (San Diego, Calif.)
• Earned wins over two ranked singles opponents as No. 22 UCLA registered a sweep in the Pacific Northwest to open Pac-12 play.
• No. 8 Keegan defeated No. 119 Ewen Lumsden of Washington (6-3, 3-6, 6-3) to cap the Bruins 5-0 defeat of the Huskies on Friday.
• Took down 19th-ranked Joshua Charlton of Oregon in two sets on Sunday, posting a 6-2, 6-2 result to help top the Ducks (4-3).
• Smith earns his third-career Pac-12 Men’s Tennis player of the week award, the 44th all-time for the Bruins.
ALSO NOMINATED: Axel Geller, STAN; Jake Sands, USC; Slava Shainyan, UTAH.
Pac-12 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week: Abi Altick, Jr., UCLA (Monroe, La.)
• Posted a 4-0 record across her singles and doubles matches as then-No. 8 UCLA swept local rivals then-No. 31 USC and then-No. 17 Pepperdine in non-conference action.
• Altick and partner Annette Goulak defeated Estella Jaeger and Danielle Willson of USC (6-4) to help take down the Trojans (5-3).
• The pair also knocked off Lisa Zaar and Daria Kuczer of Pepperdine Saturday (6-1, 7-6).
• Capped her perfect weekend Saturday with a 6-1, 7-6 win versus Lisa Zaar that clinched what resulted in a 4-3 team triumph over the Waves.
• The junior earns her second-career women’s tennis weekly honor, and the 29th all-time for the Bruins.
ALSO NOMINATED: Kirsten Prelle, ARIZ; Haley Giavara, CAL; Eryn Cayetano, USC; Madison Tattini, UTAH; Michaela Bayerlova, WSU.
2020 PAC-12 TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK