Pac-12 announces tennis players of the week
Pac-12 Men’s Tennis Player of the Week: Neel Rajesh, Stanford, Fr., Stanford (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
• Helped No. 13 Stanford to an upset over No. 5 Ohio State (4-3) on Wednesday.
• Tallied his fourth clinching point of the year as he topped No. 78 James Trotter of Ohio State in three sets (6-2, 3-6, 6-3).
• Posted his second-career win over a ranked opponent, bringing his season-singles record to 14-9.
• Rajesh earns his first-career Pac-12 men’s Tennis Player of the Week award, the 20th all-time for Stanford.
ALSO NOMINATED: Ben Draper, CAL; Jack Davis, WASH.
Pac-12 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week: Annette Goulak, Jr., UCLA (Oak Park, Calif.)
• Helped No. 3 UCLA top California (4-3) and No. 13 Stanford (4-1) last week.
• Defeated Cardinal Sarah Choy (7-6(8), 6-4) to help the Bruins post a defeat at the Farm for the first time since 2014, snapping Stanford’s regular-season Conference winning streak at 38.
• Teamed up with Abi Altick to beat Anna Brightand and Jessica Zeynel of California (6-4) to clinch the doubles point against the Bears.
• Notched a 6-0 upset of No. 43 Choy and Emma Higuchi of Stanford.
• This marks the first-career women’s tennis weekly honor for Goulak, UCLA’s 30th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Michaela Bayerlova, WSU; Valentina Ivanov, CAL; Vanessa Wong, WASH; Talya Zan, ARIZ.
2020 PAC-12 TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK